Do you have an export controls audit program?
If not, you could be violating the law without even knowing it!
Export audits typically occur in one of two ways – you initiate the audit on your own, in order to improve compliance; or, the government directs your company to conduct an audit and provide them with the results. Regardless of which camp you’re in, our auditors are trained to find your non-compliance areas and – most importantly – to fix them.
Most export audit programs will:
- Have a strong, documented approach to internal audits and self-assessments
- Mandate an external, third-party audit to be conducted at some regular interval
- Ensure a comprehensive process for identifying non-compliances and implementing corrective actions
- Be supported by top management
- Be focused on continual improvement
If your company is under a “directed audit” from a government agency, we can help:
- Export Solutions has been approved to conduct directed audits by DDTC for clients with ITAR violations in the past
- Our team is well-versed in both ITAR and EAR regulations
- We bring a comprehensive, objective approach to each audit, and we document our findings in a thorough, detailed report which is then shared with your management and the relevant governmental agencies
- If needed, we can review your corrective actions and ensure they are implemented