Looking for International Trade Compliance Jobs?
Jobs at Export Solutions
We’re always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about helping our clients comply with U.S. export regulations. If you’re the best and have a positive, team-oriented attitude, then we’d like to hear from you! We will consider people for full-time employment as well as project-based telecommuting opportunities.
Classification Specialist (Part Time, Remote)
SummaryDo you have a passion for classification? Do you love to hunt down the correct ECCN or USML category for a product, especially one you’ve never seen before? What about HTS codes? Can you fly through the chapters and sections until you arrive at the correct number (to the 10th digit, of course, not just the sixth)? Do friends and family stand in awe of your spreadsheet skills? If you’re one of the few who can honestly answer “yes” to these questions, then we want to talk to you! Export Solutions has immediate needs for a Classification Specialist who can “wow” us (and our clients) with your accuracy, speed and expertise. We’re looking not just for someone who knows the regulations, but that special person who has the skill and tenacity to correctly classify thousands of parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Proven ability to find the correct USML/ECCN and HTS codes for items, with limited information to start.
- Proven experience researching and documenting rationale for each part classified.
- That unique ability to make Google and Bing work for you – extracting all the data you need by knowing how (and where) to search.
- This is part-time, work from home contract position with the potential for full-time employment in the future.
- Your Home Office
- Employee Type:
- Part-Time Contractor
- Import/Export Compliance
- Manages Others:
- Job Type:
- Bachelor's Degree (desired, not required)
- Five Years Minimum
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in a trade compliance role
- Comprehensive knowledge of EAR, ITAR, and other import/export regulations
- Thorough understanding of HTS and Schedule B assignments
- Skilled in import and export documentation review
- Excellent project management and attention to detail
- The ability to effectively handle time-sensitive, critical issues despite setbacks, obstacles and time constraints
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined in 22 C.F.R. §120.15
- Prior experience with aircraft parts is a plus
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker is a plus
Export Solutions is a full-service trade compliance consulting firm, specializing in U.S. and international import/export control regulations. Since 2008, we have helped companies and organizations of all sizes improve their compliance to ITAR, EAR, OFAC and other U.S. and foreign regulatory requirements. Our firm’s success is driven by our core values – honesty, integrity, continual improvement, teamwork and helping others succeed.
Full-Time Export Solutions Employees receive:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Employee Incentive Compensation Plan
- Competitive healthcare coverage with a Gold Level Insurance Plan. (What is Gold Level insurance?)
- After one year of service, eligibility for participation in the Export Solutions, Inc. 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Ten (10) days of paid vacation time per year
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year
- Five (5) personal and/or sick days per year
EXPORT SOLUTIONS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.