Looking for International Trade Compliance Jobs?
Jobs at Export Solutions
We’re always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about helping our clients comply with U.S. export and import regulations. If you’re the best and have a positive, team-oriented attitude, then we’d like to hear from you! We will consider people for full-time employment as well as project-based telecommuting opportunities.
Senior Consultant, Trade ComplianceWe are looking for a talented, results-driven individual who can provide excellent support and assistance for our clients’ trade compliance activities. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative problem solver who is able to work effectively in a dynamic, ever-changing business environment – all while maintaining a positive, “can-do” attitude. The Senior Consultant, Trade Compliance serves as a consultant and advisor to our clients and the Export Solutions team. Responsibilities: Below is an overview of the responsibilities, duties and tasks the Senior Consultant, Trade Compliance will perform for Export Solutions:
- Evaluate Client’s international shipments against the various governmental restricted parties lists and resolve false positives from true matches.
- Classify and assign the correct Harmonized Tariff Systems (HTS) and/or Schedule B import/export codes for each of Client’s international shipments.
- Classify and assign the correct Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN), including ECCN sub-digits where required, or the correct United States Munitions List (USML) category and sub-category where required.
- Prepare and submit necessary Import/Export Licenses. Apply for import/export licenses on behalf of Client where allowed by applicable regulations, or assist Client in filing its own import/export license applications where required by law.
- For international shipments, prepare and submit the appropriate Electronic Export Information (EEI) via the U.S. Census Bureau’s Automated Export System (AES) in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Train Client personnel on the necessary steps for compliance to U.S. export regulations – specifically, the ITAR and EAR.
- Develop and/or improve upon Client’s policies, procedures and processes to ensure effective compliance with U.S. export regulations.
- Minimum ten (10) years prior experience in a trade compliance role
- Fundamental knowledge of ITAR, EAR, CBP and other import/export regulations
- Prior experience with DECCS, SNAP-R and AES Direct / ACE, as well as MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping skills
- The ability to effectively handle time-sensitive, critical issues despite setbacks, obstacles and time constraints
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- This position is subject to the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Access to export controlled technology by individuals other than U.S. Persons (as defined in Sections §120.15 and §120.16 of the ITAR and Section 722 of the EAR) requires approval by the U.S. government. It is necessary for Export Solutions to identify the citizenship of candidates being offered positions requiring access to export controlled technology in order to determine if a formal U.S. government authorization is required. Your employment will be contingent upon Export Solutions ability to obtain necessary approvals as required by the law to place you in the position.
Export Solutions is a full-service trade compliance consulting firm, specializing in U.S. and international import/export control regulations. Since 2008, we have helped companies and organizations of all sizes improve their compliance to ITAR, EAR, OFAC and other U.S. and foreign regulatory requirements. Our firm’s success is driven by our core values – honesty, integrity, continual improvement, teamwork and helping others succeed.
Full-Time Export Solutions Employees receive:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Employee Incentive Compensation Plan
- Competitive healthcare coverage with a Gold Level Insurance Plan. (What is Gold Level insurance?)
- After one year of service, eligibility for participation in the Export Solutions, Inc. 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Ten (10) days of paid vacation time per year
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year
- Five (5) personal and/or sick days per year
EXPORT SOLUTIONS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.