We’ve cracked the code on encryption controls.
Encryption controls is one of the most complicated aspects of the EAR. Almost every item under Category 5, Part 2 of the Commerce Control List is controlled because it contains encryption functionality. However, there a numerous caveats, notes, and other exceptions which can apply in any particular case.
How do you evaluate your software or product against the Commerce Department’s encryption controls? How do the new changes to encryption regulations impact your business? Should you submit an encryption registration to BIS? We can help you answer these and other questions, and apply the right solution for your business.
Our team of encryption experts can:
- Determine if your product is subject to the Commerce Department’s encryption controls
- Determine mass market classifications and submit those requests to BIS as applicable
- File an encryption registration with BIS
- Evaluate and apply License Exception ENC
- Review and file your annual (or semi-annual) self-classification reports
- Help you understand and apply recent changes to encryption controls to your products and software
- Answer your questions and provide advice on BIS encryption controls