Is your company merging with another? Acquiring a new business? Selling part of your existing business? One of the most overlooked – and misunderstood – areas of export compliance deals with the sale or purchase of other companies. There are critical success factors to consider, which can make or break your next business deal.
Join us for this free, 90-minute webinar where we will cover topics such as:
- Regulatory Requirements and processes to comply with Requirements
- Necessity of Due Diligence
- Risks involved in not being thorough
- The U.S. Government’s theory of Successor Liability
- Examples of Proposed Charging letters and Consent Agreements that were issued based upon Acquisitions (the new will inherit the old)
- Necessity of having Trade Compliance as key member of your Acquisition Team
- Mistakes that lead to violations
This webinar will be hosted by Jim McShane, a 30-year veteran in the international trade compliance field. Throughout his career, Mr. McShane has served as Senior Advisor to the Director of the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). He has also twice been nominated and approved as Special Compliance Official pursuant to two separate Consent Agreements between the Department of State and multi-national corporations.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn key insights from one of the experts in the field. There will be time for Q&A in this webinar.
View or Download this Webinar
To access this webinar, please enter your email address below. You will be subscribed to our free monthly Blog Digest. You may unsubscribe at any time.