Due to the recent Ukraine and Russian conflict, the U.S. government has added additional sanctions on Russia. One of these involves the creation of a new list of individuals and companies restricted from receiving U.S. goods. The Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) has created the Sectoral Sanctions Identifications (SSI) List.
If it isn’t already, the SSI List should be included in your company’s restricted parties screening procedures and process. If your company uses a third-party software provider to perform automated screens, then be sure to check with your provider to ensure that the SSI List is included with your subscription.
The list can be downloaded here.
In addition to the new SSI List, OFAC has added five individuals and 11 entities to its Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) List. These individuals and entities are listed below:
- BESEDA, Sergey - Commander of the Fifth Service of the FSB; Commander of the Service for Operational Information and International Communications of the FSB; FSB Colonel General; Colonel-General
- BORODAI, Aleksandr - Leader of pro-Russia separatists in Donetsk, Ukraine (the "Donetsk People's Republic")
- NEVEROV, Sergei Ivanovich - Deputy Chairman of the State Duma of the Russian Federation; Member of the State Duma Committee on Housing Policy and Housing and Communal Services
- SAVELYEV, Oleg Genrikhovich - Minister for Crimean Affairs
- SHCHEGOLEV, Igor - Aide to the President of the Russian Federation
- DONETSK PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC
- FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE BAZALT
- FEODOSIYA ENTERPRISE
- JOINT STOCK COMPANY CONCERN RADIO-ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGIES
- JOINT STOCK COMPANY CONCERN SOZVEZDIE
- JOINT STOCK COMPANY MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION NPO MASHINOSTROYENIA
- JOINT STOCK COMPANY CONCERN ALMAZ-ANTEY
- KALASHNIKOV CONCERN
- KONSTRUKTORSKOE BYURO PRIBOROSTROENIYA OTKRYTOE AKTSIONERNOE OBSHCHESTVO (INSTRUMENT DESIGN BUREAU)
- LUHANSK PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC
If your company does business in Russia, Ukraine or other countries in that region, it’s important to pay attention to updates like these, in order to ensure that you are not inadvertently violation the ever-changing U.S. sanctions programs and policies.
Tom Reynolds is the Vice President of Operations for Export Solutions, a consultancy firm which specializes in ITAR and EAR compliance.