Below are helpful links to other websites offering more information about ITAR, EAR, OFAC and U.S. export regulations.
U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security: The U.S. government agency that administers and enforces the EAR.
Export Administration Regulations (EAR): An online copy of the EAR.
Directorate of Defense Trade Controls: The U.S. government agency that administers and enforces the ITAR.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR): An online copy of the ITAR.
Office of Foreign Assets Control: The U.S. government agency that administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions against a variety of countries and individuals.
Latest Penalties Imposed by DDTC for ITAR Violations: Don’t let this happen to you.
- Civil Penalties for EAR Violations: Don’t let this happen to you, either.
Society for International Affairs: A great organization to learn about ITAR compliance and international trade.
- International Compliance Professionals Association (ICPA): Serving the needs of trade compliance pros.
- Bartlett's Annotated ITAR: Jim Bartlett's world-famous "BITAR." (Seriously, you should get a copy. Today.)
- Export Law Blog: One of our favorites! Clif Burns tells it like it is. Few others can even compare.
Getting Started with Defense Trade: A free resource from the DDTC.
U.S. Government Printing Office Copy of EAR: Some light reading material. A printed copy of the EAR.
- U.S. Government Printing Office Copy of ITAR: A printed copy of the ITAR.
Commodity Classification Webpage from BIS: A BIS database where companies can list their EAR-controlled items.